nothing delights me more right now than food, and since i don’t get paid until this weekend, i’ve been staying away from shopping. : )
(recipe adapted from here)
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 1 10-ounce tube refrigerated pizza dough, or one sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup garlic-and-herb cheese spread (such as Alouette), divided
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley or chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 small red onion
- 1 7- to 8-inch-long zucchini (yellow or green), cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds, divided
- Olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick spray. Unroll dough onto parchment. (If using puff pastry, roll dough out to make thinner). Spread herb cheese over dough, leaving 1/2-inch plain border. Sprinkle with half of Parmesan and 2 tablespoons parsley or basil. Arrange 1 row of zucchini down 1 long side of dough. Arrange onion rounds in row alongside zucchini. Repeat until all veggies are used. Brush vegetables with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the remainder of the parmesan. Bake bread until puffed and deep brown at edges, about 20-24 minutes. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley or basil.
*I have made this several times, and honestly, have not always used the Alouette cheese. As a substitute I have mixed cream cheese with herbs and it’s come out just as good. Also, I didn’t bother making rows of zucchini and onions…I pretty much just threw it all on!