my mom first made this cobbler when i was kid. i think the recipe was passed to her from a coworker, but basically it’s so easy i’ve never even written it down. it’s so easy it’s embarrassing. it’s not healthy, it’s full of artificial this and that, but it’s a crowd pleaser for sure. so popular, in fact, that blogging about it is near impossible because it’s gone so fast. yeah, homemade cobbler with fresh fruit is amazing, and i feel a whole lot better about serving it, BUT, this cobbler allows you to relax and enjoy your guests. so there.
2 cans of pie filling (i’ve used all fruit fillings and they are all great. this time i used the cherry. blueberry is my favorite.)
1 box of yellow or white cake mix
1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted
2 handfuls of almonds (told you this recipe wasn’t written down, so, therefore, it’s not exact. use to your liking, and use whatever nuts you want!)
1. pour pie filling into a greased 9 X 13 baking pan.
2. pour dry cake mix over the pie filling.
3. pour melted butter evenly over cake mix.
4. spread almonds evenly over the top.
5. bake at 375 degrees for ? minutes. i actually have no idea since i stand by the oven and watch until the top is browned. i think it’s about 20 or so minutes. next time i make it i’ll edit this recipe and let ya’ll know.
don’t let my if-y directions keep you from making this. it’s delicious!
my step kids love this cobbler and ate it so quickly i couldn’t get a proper picture! : )